Our PrEP Navigation program helps clients who are at risk of contracting HIV with accessing PrEP (Truvada for Pre Exposure Prophylaxis). The PrEP Navigator’s role is to support clients in using PrEP successfully by getting clients fully engaged with taking PrEP as prescribed, going to regular medical visits, and advocating for support and services when necessary. PrEP Navigators also work to find solutions to barriers that prevent clients from engaging in their health care. Finally, PrEP Navigation empowers clients to choose other sexual health strategies if PrEP is not the best choice for them.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, call us today to see if PrEP is right for you.
- Have you been treated for an STD in the last 6 months?
- Do you have a partner who’s HIV-positive or of a status you don’t know?
- Do you sometimes skip condoms or contraceptives?
- Have you ever exchanged sex for food, money, or shelter?
- Do you share equipment to inject drugs?
Want to learn more? Be sure to ask about our upcoming event, Brotha’s Brunch. The event will teach you about HIV prevention, PrEP, other tools to decrease the risk of HIV infection, and more.